The smooth texture and unique finish of marble stone has the ability to add class and sophistication to any living space. Intricately designed marble columns look amazing and easily enhance the over-all look of the home decor.
Marble can be carved in various ways to provide you with elegant architectural material.
Marble is made up with so many efforts and has diverse uses. There are very few stones that have such multiple uses. Lets have a look at some of the below mentioned interesting points about marble:
1. Limestone was used extensively in building the tombs and towers of the Taj Mahal, the inner courtyard of the Supreme Court was built using white marbles, Lincoln Building’s upper steps, column and facade were made using this stone, the Washington Monument was also built using marble; and many other buildings have been made and are being made using the same stone.
2. There are a number of sculptures made of marble. Its properties of softness make it an apt stone to sculpt statues. Moreover, when it is finely grained it shines.
3. Exceptionally white marble is used in the production of a pigment known as ‘whiting ‘. This powder can be used in paper, paint and other products.
4. Marble is a prestigious stone and is used in making interiors of house and other such buildings.
5. It is an attractive stone and is easy to cut. This is one reason it is used as a cemetery stone. It is easy to engrave marble.
6. Highest quality of marble is crushed to make it into powder. It is then used in products that are made for the treatment of acid indigestion. This is so because marble comprises of calcium carbonate and is effective in neutralizing acids.
7. Marble columns are used in the architecture of houses these days. Mostly people stay in single family home or spacious apartments. Many a times the walls are not sufficient to separate various areas of the house from each other. If you have the chance of designing your own house then talk to the designer about marble columns. Let these columns do the job here. But, make sure you don’t buy over decorated marbles. Keep it simple and sober.